Dedicated to the relentless pursuit of fish on the fly. Welcome to the obsession, I hope you enjoy the pics and ramblings. If you like what you see (or really don't), feel free to drop me an email at fishindog.net@gmail.com. And when you're done, get your waders on and get out there, cause the only way to catch 'em is with your bug in the water.

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Evening Hatch


Snuck out this evening with Kit P. to check out a couple of small-water spots. Once again, staying off the Green paid off with a pile of spunky bows, browns, macs, and even one very confused-looking sucker. Hey, it ate a fly and tugged on the line, what more can we ask for?

We did have one big letdown though. I got wrecked by some unseen force in heavy water. One second my indicator was bobbing along a foam line, and the next it was streaking downward. I tried to stop it, turn it, something, anything, but whatever ate my bug decided that it was going to put all it had into a nosedive and blast directly upstream. After ripping all the line through my fingers and screaming my reel for a few seconds, it was gone, leaving my completely intact rig drifting back downstream toward me. Neither of us saw the fish, but two things are certain: It had to be huge and I know where it lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Quit reading this now and go fishing