Dedicated to the relentless pursuit of fish on the fly. Welcome to the obsession, I hope you enjoy the pics and ramblings. If you like what you see (or really don't), feel free to drop me an email at fishindog.net@gmail.com. And when you're done, get your waders on and get out there, cause the only way to catch 'em is with your bug in the water.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Further Down the Rabbit Hole




I'm afraid I've created a monster. Mark's started building some rods and is becoming, shall we way, quite addicted to this silly fly fishing game. He's currently working on a 4/5 weight that he's hoping to finish up for this week's trip. While he's doing very well with it, I do get some quality entertainment out of the little oops moments. He'll be sitting there intently working and suddenly blurt out some great exclamation when something blows up. Thinking back to my first attempts at rod building, I don't feel too bad about laughing at him. At least he's got someone looking over his shoulder instead of trying to figure it all out on his own. If only I could have been so lucky...

It looks like another trip down to Utah this week and maybe a quick run up to the Snake, the midges are blowing up around Jackson and it should be great dry action if the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Quit reading this now and go fishing