Dedicated to the relentless pursuit of fish on the fly. Welcome to the obsession, I hope you enjoy the pics and ramblings. If you like what you see (or really don't), feel free to drop me an email at fishindog.net@gmail.com. And when you're done, get your waders on and get out there, cause the only way to catch 'em is with your bug in the water.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good old Snake River Canyon





After a long night of whipping up bugs, Mark K. and I headed down to the canyon for some cutty action. With temps in the low to mid 20's and a pretty steady snow falling it was chilly but not altogether unpleasant. Mark's never fished the Snake or seen a cutthroat of any kind in person, so after about 20 whities, he let out a whoop that scared the crap out of me and brought in a nice 16 inch cut with some really nice colors. I thought for a split second that he'd fallen off the rock he was standing on and was about to have a really bad day. I guess he was just amped on landing a trout for a change. We popped a few more cuts among the numerous whities and I even managed to bring in a laker. I'm guessing it was on its way upstream from Palisades, but who knows. Seems like weirdness has a tendency to follow me to the snake. Congrats to Mark on a nice fish, way to earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Quit reading this now and go fishing